Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Special Damages

Once again, this is a legal term and relates to the amount of compensation payable for provable financial losses, such as loss of earnings etc. You may have had to give up work because of your illness and, in which case, you will have suffered loss of earnings. You may need special adaptations in your home, e.g. a stair lift or perhaps your bathroom needs to be converted to a wet room. Your Solicitor should calculate this aspect of your claim. Sometimes the Solicitor will need specialist help from a Forensic Accountant or perhaps an Occupational Therapist. The Solicitor will arrange to obtain reports from these experts, if necessary.

More information…