Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Further Benefits

If you are under 65 you may be eligible for Disability Living Allowance. If 65 or over you may be entitled to Attendance Allowance. The amount of payment depends on how badly you are affected by the condition from which you are suffering. If you have mesothelioma or lung cancer you should mark your claim ‘Special Rules’. This ensures that your claim is processed more quickly.

If you already receive other benefits.

You are entitled to receive Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit in addition to any other National Insurance benefits you already receive, such as:

  • Incapacity Benefit
  • Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Retirement Pension.

If you are already in receipt of benefits which are related to the amount of income you receive, such as:

  • Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Pension Credit
  • Housing Benefit
  • Council Tax Benefit

Then Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit will probably affect the amount you or your partner are entitled to. Once again, expert advice is available from certain Citizens Advice Bureaux and you should make enquiries at your local CAB office.

More information…